Thursday, June 11, 2015

Retirement, anniversary and a road trip

June 12 We are approaching a turning point or at least a big deal. That is, retirement occurring on the same day as our 45th anniversary. The next day Kelli and I leave on a 3 week road/bike trip out east to visit friends and brothers. The bike trip is also a mini celebration of the 10 year anniversary of the cross country tour for both myself and Jim Smith who we'll visit in Maine. So I am thinking I would like to resurrect the bike trip blog, even though only 4 or 5 days of the trip will be biking. Jim Smith and I will doing a bike tour of the coast of Maine for 4 days while Joan and Kelli do some exploring in southern Maine. Then we will roll down to Delaware to visit Steve and Kit. After that it's over the rivers and hills and through the woods to Jack and Linda's in the Appalachian foothills of Kentucky. This is a test to see if I can actually make a post to the blog using my iPad. If I can maybe we'll do some more of this.

1 comment:

Jon Tomas said...

congratulations your 45th anniversary. I think 3 week road/bike trip is fit for you and me.